COVID-19 ACTIVISM & FUND RAISING

TUMSA Producer Gabi Le Roux volunteered (free) to Arrange and Produce
“KINDNESS CONTAGION”
the Song, involving Prominent Artists from across the African Continent for the Kindness Contagion Project
20% Of the proceeds of Fund-raising will come directly to the TUMSA Members’ Relief-Fund The other 80% will be distributed to other African Continent Creative Sector beneficiaries.

“Kindness Contagion” Video for Song Arranged and Produced by TUMSA

From 19 March 2020 our Communications with the DSAC Minister showed that he had very little regard for the collective Industry experience contained within- and made available to him from the ranks of TUMSA. Instead he chose to liaise almost exclusively with individuals that have always been close personal allies and organisations that have been of his own creation (most of whom have well-publicised histories of dismal failure, dysfunctionality or in-fighting).

TUMSA’s COVID-19 2-Step RELIEF PACKAGE PROPOSAL as contained in the Joint Creative Sector Proposal signed by CCIFSA President on behalf of Joint Creative Sector and presented to DSAC on 4 May 2020.

*Please note, this Proposal was developed as response to a specific request from DG Vusi Mkhize during a ZOOM meeting with him, attended by TUMSA, CCIFSA, SACYFF, VANSA and other Organisations on 28 April 2020.

For now that is the SIMPLEST, most PRACTICAL intervention we desperately need from OUR Minister during this time when we needed his intervention so desperately! SO far our Minister and DSAC has NOT given us ANY indication if they are even considering the above Joint Creative Sector Proposal?! In fact the DSAC have now completely discarded any direct engagement with TUMSA.

*For this reason we have HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO ESCALATE THE MATTER to the CHAIR of the PARLIAMENTARY PORTFOLIO COMMITTEE

*IMPORTANT NOTE TO FULL-TIME MUSOS
TUMSA MEMBERSHIP and our Fight for
COVID-19 MUSICIANS’ RELIEF is NOT UNTENDED for CHANCERS or NON-GENUINE FULL-TIME MUSIC PRACTITIONERS!!
It is important that we try and not throw these well-deserved appeals open to manipulation or exploitation by hobbyists or wannabe’s who can maybe play a few chords but now suddenly during COVID-19 want to “claim” to be a full-time Musician just to benefit from whatever Relief TUMSA is able to eventually secure?! BUT having said that, TUMSA does recognize genuine full-time Musicians who may not yet be registered with either SAMRO or SAMPRA.

Please keep visiting this Website tumsa.org and the COVID-19 ACTIVISM page, so you will be able to follow the ongoing communications with the Government.
It is also now vital that you join TUMSA as an actual Member (here’s the link to the application FORMS page)
http://tumsa.org/?page_id=393
because in that process we will assist you to identify yourself properly as a Full-time Music Professional.